how organisational development works
Organisational Development is a all about improving the health and effectiveness of businesses and organisations. O.D. work can be invaluable to leaders because it gives a supportive, relational framework to aid the health and effectiveness of the organisation. It also stimulates fresh and improved approaches and processes to help aid the establishment of their vision, whilst supporting the dynamics of changes initiated.
what we do
We work alongside directors, leaders and key managers to:
1. Identify what areas of change and potential growth they wish to see.
2. Decide together how to gather information that gives a review of the current position of the organisation .
3. Draw up a tailored scope of work and programme with directors and leaders. With the aim of problem solving, identifying and mobilising resources and strengths within the organisation, which might include for example: 1-to-1 coaching of key staff members, training, workshops, meetings facilitation, brainstorming and problem solving.
4. The plan is outworked and then reviewed.
As with life coaching, there are many tools and approaches to OD work that are dependent upon the client, their brief, size, budget, and focus. That is why we offer a free initial consultation for potential clients. In this, we discuss where they are, what they need, and whether I might be the right professional for them to work alongside in order to make their organisation great.
As an OD practitioner, I am a helper and catalyst for change for the leaders of an organisation. I am also there to look at and support the health of the whole organisation. I believe all voices in the organisation have value and wisdom that can be utilised. My aim is to assist the organisation’s own problem-solving skills and adaptability for ongoing sustainability. I believe through both experience and academic research, that when leaders of organisations ‘create space’ to invest in themselves and the people they lead: physically, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually, there are huge measurable benefits for everyone.
You should work with us if:
• If you want a highly personalised service that is supportive and flexible to your organisation’s needs.
• You want an OD who is highly perceptive to how people are uniquely wired and how they will work best, is highly intuitive, positive, and future-focused.
• You want an OD with strong Professional Coaching skills who works for the good for the individual as well as the organisation.
• Who has experience in both the business sector as well as the voluntary sector.
• Someone who works alongside you without any personal agendas.
How long will this take? How much will it cost?
Every project is unique. My expertise is with small to medium sized businesses and organisations, although I am happy to work with teams within larger organisations.
Adequate time needs to be invested at the early stages of OD work from both myself and the key directors and leaders to clearly identify the scope of work to be undertaken and the ensuing contract. For this reason, I offer a free initial consultation via skype, Facetime or face to face to those who can travel to me.
For any more information, please contact us for a no-obligation initial consultation.